Garaventa GSL Artira Model
The GSL Artira is an inclined platform lift that travels on tubular rails mounted to the stairway. This style of inclined platform lift can follow both straight and curving stairways and provide access up to seven landings.
The Artira combines durability and design flexibility with sleek styling, a user-friendly control system and many safety features. This wheelchair lift is available in a variety of finishes, with many design options allowing for extensive customization for each application. The Artira is suitable for indoor and outdoor applications.
This inclined platform lift can be operated independently or by an attendant with an attendant remote control. The Artira is designed to transport people in wheelchairs and when equipped with a folding seat, the Artira provides access to people who have difficulty climbing stairs.
The GSL Artira is a cost-effective and ADA compliant access solution.
Highlighted below are some of the many standard features of the GSL Artira wheelchair lift. For more extensive information, consult the Artira Design & Planning Guide or contact McKinley.
- Call Stations (standard)
- The Artira's Call Stations are operated by a computer based lift control system that intuitively guides the user through the operating sequence by illuminating the appropriate button to push. Fold and unfold functions are fully automated by simply pushing the easy to use call station buttons.
- Drive System (standard)
- The ultra-quiet Drive System is located at the upper end of the Artira and is available in two arrangements; the standard Drive Box and Compact Drive, both drive systems operate using Mains Power.
- Curved Safety Arms (standard)
- The Curved Safety Arms are fully automatic. When in the guarded position, the inside dimensions of the arms do not take away from the clear platform size of the wheelchair lift.
- Platform Controls (standard)
- The durable and vandal resistant platform control panel consists of two large illuminated Directional Control Buttons and an Emergency Stop Button.
- Under Platform, Bi-directional and Leading Ramp Sensors (standard)
- The sensors will automatically stop the lift if the platform should encounter an obstruction.
- Smooth Start and Stop (standard)
- The GSL Artira reduces the speed of travel by 50% prior to reaching corners and is programmed to slow the platform travel speed when approaching or departing the landings.
- Pedestrian Safety Lights (standard)
- This illuminated tube lighting is located at the base of the ramps visually alerting pedestrians of the platform's location during travel.
- Emergency Stop Button (standard)
- When pushed this large red button will immediately stop the lift.
- Finishes (standard)
- The Artira is finished in a durable polyester powder paint coating that is electrostatically applied and baked. Garaventa's standard color is Satin Grey (fine textured).
Highlighted below are a number of the Artira's optional features. For additional optional features consult the Artira Design & Planning Guide or contact McKinley.
- Side Load (optional)
- The Side Load platform is designed for those lifts with confined lower landing areas. This additional ramp allows the passenger to wheel on the platform diagonally for easier access to the platform.
- Finishes (optional)
- The Artira can be finished with optional RAL colors, custom matched colors, stainless steel or painted stainless steel finishes.
- Auto Fold (optional)
- This feature will allow the platform to automatically fold if left unattended for a period of time at a landing. This ensures the stairway remains clear in the event someone forgets to fold the platform.
- Integrated Pedestrian Handrails (optional)
- An additional rail can be added to the system for pedestrian use.
- Folding Seat (optional)
- The folding seat enables semi-ambulatory or people with temporary injuries to use the lift.
- Dek-Lite (optional)
- The Dek-Lite illuminates the platform for safe loading and unloading available only with the folding seat option.
- Outdoor Package (optional)
- When the Stair-Lift is located outdoors, the Stainless Steel finish is required. For a comprehensive listing of stainless steel components consult the Artira Design and Planning Guide.
- Attendant Remote Control (optional)
- An attendant would walk beside the Stairlift and operate the hand control.
- Auxiliary Power System (optional)
- This system ensures the lift operates during a power outage. This battery-powered system provides power for one hour at a rated load of 550 lbs.
- Platform Lock (optional)
- This lock secures the platform in its folded position protecting the unit from vandalism (not available on side load platform).
- Fire Alarm Integration (optional)
- This option is designed to interface with the building fire safety system, this service interrupts power to the lift when the alarm sounds. This ensures the lift will not obstruct stairway traffic during an evacuation. If the lift is in use when the alarm sounds, it will continue to a designated landing.
- Audio-Visual Alert (optional)
- The Audio-Visual Alert notifies pedestrians using the stairway that the lift is in use.