Garaventa Xpress II Model
The Garaventa Xpress II inclined platform wheelchair lift is designed to provide access between two landings. The platform travels on rails which are secured directly to the wall or to support towers. The upper rail houses a gear rack and a traveling cable while the lower rail provides lateral support. The platform is propelled by means of a carriage mounted rack and pinion drive system. When the platform is not in use it is folded, taking up minimal space on the stairway.
The Xpress II is cost-effective and is ADA compliant. This model can be designed with a variety of standard and optional features to suit the needs of the user and building owner.
- 225kg (495 lbs)
Choice of Three Platform Sizes (standard)
- 800mm x 1000mm (31 1/2" x 39 3/8") - ADA Compliant
- 800mm x 1220mm (31 1/2" x 48")
- 750mm x 900 mm (29 1/2" x 35 1/2")
Drive System (standard)
- The platform mounted drive system consists of a .75 H.P. motor, gearbox, pinion gear and flexible traveling cable.
Mains Power Operation (standard)
- North America: 208 240VAC Single Phase on a dedicated 20 amp circuit
- International: 208 240VAC Single Phase on a dedicated 16 amp circuit
Curved Safety Arms (standard)
- Fully automatic safety arms are available to further increase the safety of the passenger.
Platform Controls (standard)
- Constant Pressure Control Buttons Large illuminated direction control buttons allow for independent operation of the lift.
- Keyless Platform Operation
- Emergency Stop Button - Used to stop the lift in an emergency.
- Grabrail Assists passenger with loading and unloading
Call Station Controls (standard)
- The One Touch Control System - Unfolds platform and activates the ramps and optional curved safety arms.
- Key Controlled Operation - This feature restricts operation to authorized users.
- Keyed Call Stations Restricts operation to authorized users
Platform Sensors (standard)
- Leading Ramp Sensor When the platform is called to or from the landing area in the folded position the leading ramp is sensitive to obstructions.
- Under Platform Sensing Plate The under platform sensing plate detects obstacles underneath the platform.
- Bi-directional Sensing The ramps are designed to be obstruction sensitive in the direction of travel on the outside of the ramps as well as from within the platform. The internal ramp sensor prevents a wheelchair from being off-center on the platform deck.
Emergency Manual Lowering (standard)
- This features allows the lift to be manually lowered during a power outage.
Hour Counter (standard)
- Shows the amount of time the Xpress II has been used.
- Champagne colored anodized aluminum rails and loading ramps, with non-aluminum components of the lift finished in a durable polyester powder paint coating in fine textured Satin Grey paint.
Narrow Platform Sizes (optional)
- 675mm x 1000mm (26 1/2" x 39 3/8")
- 725mm x 1000mm (28 1/2" x 39 3/8")
Platform Controls (optional)
- Attendant Remote Control - Allows for operation of the lift independent of the platform mounted controls.
- Keyed Platform Controls This feature restricts operation to authorized users.
- On Board Alarm with Illuminated Emergency Stop Button
Call Station (optional)
- Call Stations can be supplied with an Attendant Call Button keyless and an Emergency Stop Button.
Folding Seat (optional)
- Designed for passengers who are not using a wheelchair. The folding seat is equipped with a safety belt.
Side Load (optional)
- For confined lower landing areas, this feature allows the passenger to wheel onto the platform diagonally offering easier access.
- This function allows the lift to automatically fold if left unattended for a selected period of time. This ensures the stairway is kept clear should the operator forget to fold the platform.
Platform Lock (optional)
- This lock secures the platform in the folded position protecting the lift from vandalism.
Custom Finishes (optional)
- The Xpress II can be painted any color from the RAL color chart. Optional paint finishes can even simulate brass and stainless steel effect.
- A handrail can be mounted to the top of the upper rail section to assist pedestrians using the stairs.
Audio-Visual Alert (optional)
- When the lift is in use, a wall mounted strobe light and audible chime cautions pedestrians in the vicinity that the lift is in operation.
Emergency Battery Lowering (optional)
- During a power outage, this feature allows the platform to travel to the bottom landing.
Auxiliary Power System (optional)
- Ensures the lift will continue to operate during a power outage. This system provides one hour of operation at rated load.
Call with Platform Open (optional)
- With this option, the lift travels with the arms in the horizontal position and platform folded down only. This is used when there is limited overhead clearance.
Remote Fold (optional)
- This feature allows the platform to be folded up from any call station should the platform be left folded down.
Fire Alarm Integration Fire Service (optional)
- This feature ensures the lift will not obstruct stairway traffic during an evacuation. If the lift is in use when the alarm sounds, the lift will only allow the passenger to use the constant pressure direction button to travel to the designated landing with the emergency exit.
Vinyl cover (optional)
- Ideal for outdoor installations, the vinyl cover protects the Xpress II.